|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
Desert Inn Makes Room For "Encore at Wynn Las Vegas"
The towers of the legendary Desert Inn in Las Vegas (nine-story each) were imploded on November 17, 2004, in order to make room for a new construction in the "Wynn Las Vegas" project, initially planned to span over 20 acres of land.
Nostalgically described as "another chapter in Las Vegas' history that is being closed beneath a cloud of dust" by Las Vegas Review Journal, the name of Desert Inn stands now by the side of other famous & former Las Vegas resorts like The Dunes, Hacienda or Sands.
Entitled "Encore at Wynn Las Vegas", the new 61 story hotel tower will feature at least 1,500 suites and full-resort amenities such as a casino area, restaurants, a spa, swimming pools, retail and conventional space.
"Encore at Wynn Las Vegas" is expected to open in 2007.
Steady plans for the Wynn Las Vegas grand opening
By that time, there are other major events to tick off on Steve Wynn's agenda (the man behind the whole project). The original plans for the 28th April 2005-grand opening of "Wynn Las Vegas" remain unchanged.
The date is a double anniversary for Steve Wynn - the launch of a mega-resort wearing his name and his wife's birthday. Within a few days of approximation, by the same time back in 1950, Desert Inn itself was opening its doors.
"Wynn Las Vegas" is the classic idea of a modern resort & casino, only bigger, more luxurious and certainly, more expensive.
Steve Wynn's portfolio as a Las Vegas hotelier includes impressive names like Bellagio, Mirage, MGM Grand and Treasure Island. Wynn's management is famous for generating high cash-flows in the first years of activity of his previously developed projects in Las Vegas.
Initially, the investment at Wynn Las Vegas was announced to rise up to $2,6 billion. With the new tower expansion, the sum changed to $3,5 billion; by either estimation, the most expensive Strip resort, up to the moment.
Inside look at Wynn Las Vegas
Apart from the "Encore" tower, "Wynn Las Vegas" will feature:
* Approximately 2,700 rooms
* 111,000 square-foot casino space
* 18 restaurants
* Ferrari & Maserati full-service & dealership
* An art gallery (Sure to display - among others - “In the Roses”? by Renoir and a self-portrait from Cezanne, both achieved by Steve Wynn during an art auction, at a total price of $40 million.)
* An 8-story (150 foot high) man-made mountain with a 5-story waterfall cascading into a lake.
* A globular show-room with 2,000 seats and a center stage that immerses through the audience. The theater will be domed & quite aquarian, with water flowing below, above and around the audience - and destined to host a new Franco Dragone spectacular show, produced especially for the Wynn resort. Franco Dragone also produced Cirque du Soleil's "O" and "Mystere", and is presently engaged in Celine Dion's new show at Caesars Palace.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure