|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
5 Places to Find Quality Framed Art Work Cheap
Everyone wants to have nice looking framed art work on their walls to keep there home from feeling lifeless and cold. The problem is to have a piece of art or a poster framed at the local framing shop could cost you more then the art itself costs, I know. I took 8 pieces of art to my local framer and after selecting all the matting and framing the guy said:
“That will be $3500 please”
“You’ve got to be kidding, I only paid $100 for the 8 pieces your framing” I responded.
“No sir I'm not kidding, framing is expensive” he replied.
Well I picked up my art and left his store, there’s no way I could afford that much. On my way home I started to think about how expensive it was to frame these 8 cheap art prints and posters. That’s when I decided to look around at what other alternatives I had and came up with my list of 5 places to find good art cheap, here they are:
- Consignment Stores: In most cities there is a consignment shop that handles furniture, art work, and household items. These shops can be a great place to find older framed art for your walls at very reasonable prices.
- Estate Sales: What can I say other than watch your local newspaper and go to the estate sales. There can be great art to be had at these, after all someone live in the house and they had art work. Also remember to get to the sale early for a number to get in so you can get the good stuff.
- Starving Artist Sales: You can find these sales in most cities as well. You will typically hear ads on the TV or Radio for these sales, you know the ones they advertise something like “No Painting over 59 dollars”.
- Auctions: I love going to auctions and have found some great pieces of art at them. But one word of caution, know what you’re biding on and don’t get caught up in the bidding frenzy or you will pay too much.
- Internet Sites: This is where I buy most of my framed art work from these days. At sites like art.com you can get any print, poster, limited edition framed and matted at a very reasonable price. I prefer this method because they have great framing and matting wizards that help you pick just what you want.
In the end if you use 1 or all 5 of these resources you will be able to bring life to your home with great art work for a fraction of the cost of custom framing. I have and I know you will too.
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure