|| Home | Free Articles for Your Site | Submit an Article | Advertise | Link to Us | Search | Contact Us ||
OTHER ITA SITES:
7 Tips for Product Enhancement to Increase your Sales
Everyone needs to know what business they're in and theyneed to be able to express that purpose in a few sentencesin their USA.
Using product enhancement towards helping with your currentmission statement, should help determine your business as aleading provider. For ex; if you're a plumber, you're notin the business of plumbing. If you're a carpet cleaner,you're not in the business of carpet cleaning. You're inthe business of marketing plumbing or marketing carpetcleaning services.
Your mission statement is what is best for you. You canconstantly measure all of your activities then to themission of your company. You can further measure thesuccess by the success of your clients or customers. Themore successful your customers are in getting the benefitsfrom you, the more successful you will be in growing yourbusiness.
If you're currently not generating the volume of businessyou want, your customers aren't purchasing as much as youwant them to.
Here's an exercise that you should go through periodicallyto evaluate ways you can make your product or servicebetter, and thereby either increase sales or extend yourproduct or service life cycle.
Get out a piece of paper and answer the following questions.
1. Write down not what your product or service is, but theneed or desire of your target market that you haveperceived.
2. Brainstorm other ways to fulfill that need in ways otherthan through the use of your current product or service.
3. List all the obvious and not so-obvious features of yourproduct or service.
4. Enhance your product or service with alternative ways tofulfill your customer's needs based on the ways youBrainstormed in #2.
5. Identify your USA versus your competitor's and any otheralternative products or services.
6. Create five different front and back-end up sellscenarios for each product and service you intend to offer.You can encompass one of these attributes in each salescenario that you come up with.
7. Determine how best to incorporate incentives for gettingyour prospects to buy. You want them to buy, buy now, andbuy from you.
Don't limit yourself to the list below, but here are someadditional ways you can begin. These are reasons customerstypically patronize a certain business. Identify majorsales advantages that you have over your competition.
Low price Top quality convenient location Friendlyemployees Knowledgeable employees Nice businesssurroundings Fair credit or return policy Good selectionConvenient hours
The important thing about running a small business is toknow the direction in which you're heading; to know on aday-to-day basis your progress in that very direction; tobe aware of what your competitors are doing and to practicegood money management at all times. All this will prepareyou to recognize potential problems before they arise.
In order to survive with a small business, regardless ofthe economic climate, it is essential to surround yourselfwith smart people, and practice sound business managementat all times.
By Abe Cherian
Copyright © 2005
You may publish this article in your ezine, newsletter on your web site as long as the byline is included and the article is included in it's entirety. I also ask that you activate any html links found in the article and in the byline. Please send a courtesy link or email where you publish to: email@example.com
Auto and Trucks
Business and Finance
Computers and Internet
Food and Drink
Gadgets and Gizmos
Kids and Teens
Music and Movies
Pets and Animals
Politics and Government
Recreation and Sports
Religion and Faith
Travel and Leisure